PR & Content Manager
Preston / Manchester
Dependent on experience
We are looking for a talented business-to-business PR and content specialist to take a lead role in managing the PR, content and communication programmes for a portfolio of clients.
This will include client liaison, content planning, content writing, media relations, social media management, content distribution and client reporting.
You will be working on clients from sectors including education, property and technology.
Our ideal candidate is a hard-working professional with proven writing skills, a passion for writing and the ability to bring subjects to life with sparkling writing and stories. We are also looking for someone who has good experience of working with the media.
You will have the flexibility of working between our offices in Winckley Square, Preston, and Spinningfields in Manchester.
Typical duties will include:
- Act as a day-to-day contact and adviser to clients
- Help create client content and editorial calendars
- Generate ideas for client content and stories / news
- Write regular content including blog posts, case studies and news releases
- Edit and proofread content
- Liaise with journalists and media titles to secure editorial coverage
- Upload content to client websites as well as third party channels
- Manage client owned channels including social media
- Collaborate with design teams to produce high quality visual content
- Help produce client reports
- Manage client relationships and uphold rigorous service standards
- Proven writing experience, especially in commercial sectors across different formats
- A passion for writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and WordPress or other Content Management Software
- Expertise in social media platforms
- Sound knowledge of relevant media and good relationships with journalists
- Experience of working with journalists and pitching ideas to the media
- Super organised, planning skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Team player and can-do attitude
- Experience of working in either a PR agency / department, marketing agency / department or in a journalism or content role
- We will consider applications from people with varying degrees of experience
Apply for this job
To apply for this job, click on the button and send your CV and covering letter to Paul Tustin
Recruitment agencies by invitation only.
Standard benefits include:
25 days' holiday plus additional holidays for long-term service
Employer contributory group pension scheme
Christmas Eve given as Freshfield Bank Holiday
Career progression opportunities
Company funded professional development programme with assigned mentor / coach
Flexible Benefits (such as child care vouchers)
Active employee social calendar
We work with printers, other agencies, freelancers, artworkers and photographers. If you’re sharp and think you can add value to Freshfield, we’d love to hear from you. Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org