10QUESTIONS with Jen Peacock
Our 10QUESTIONS feature asks members of the Freshfield community ten questions about their working life.
Featuring our client leaders, colleagues and FF friends, our guests share some personal stories, views and fresh words of wisdom.
PR and Marketing Manager Jen Peacock has been part of the Freshfield team for more than seven years. A mum of one, she lives on the Fylde Coast with her family.
1. How do you like to start your working day?
With a cup of green tea and a to-do list. It helps me to plan and prioritise what needs to be done and in what order – and you get the satisfaction of ticking something off when it’s complete!
2. How has the pandemic changed your working life?
I went on maternity leave in September 2019, and when I returned to work over 12 months later so much was different. I’ve gone from full-time in our Preston office to hybrid working between there and home. Personally, it has given me the best of both worlds.
3. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
If you have a problem or a worry, put pen to paper and write it all down. You’re halfway to finding a solution.
4. Where and how do you come up with your best ideas?
When going for a walk outdoors to clear your mind, where there’s no distractions.
5. What does leadership mean to you?
I think it means earning respect and being real, not alienating yourself from the people you’re leading.
6. Which current or historical business figure do you most admire and why?
Fashion designer Vivienne Westwood. She started out as a primary school teacher and went on to build up her brand from scratch. Sustainability is an increasing priority in all areas of the business world now but she’s a pioneer and has long used her platform to speak out on issues, such as climate change and politics. And I love her designs!
7. What is your most trusted source of news?
It would have to be the BBC – if a story breaks that’s where I usually go to for the details.
8. What is your favourite brand and why?
Marketing wise it would have to be Innocent. Its brand personality is funny and clever, and they do good things.
9. What’s the most recent new skill you have learnt?
I’m immersing myself into all things digital lately and have recently developed some more advanced SEO skills which I’m enjoying putting to use.
10. We all use them… what management jargon phrase do you use the most?
I don’t think I’m too much of an offender, so it would probably be something quite tame like ‘going forward…’