Freshfield Media Training is delivered in partnership with Scott Hamilton, a former journalist and one of the leading media training practitioners in the UK.
Based on real-life scenarios tailored to your own business environment, our half-day or full-day sessions will equip you with the techniques to prepare for and confidently control any media interview.
Scott has worked with brands such as Coca Cola, Aldi, British Gas, Avery Dennison, Tate & Lyle, Lex Autolease and KPMG and, in the public sector, local authorities like Slough, Stafford and Stoke and health bodies like NHS Blood and Transplant.
- Building confidence and an understanding of what the media want and expect
- Using tailored scenarios that reflect genuine media opportunities and challenges you may face
- A simple toolkit of techniques for both preparation and delivery that will give the spokesperson confidence, control and credibility
- Providing skills to handle and make the most of difficult questions
- Rehearsing on camera and off to ensure the skills will stick
- Constant encouragement, video playback, feedback and analysis
- Understanding of the media landscape
- Knowledge of how to prepare for an interview
- The confidence to share control of that interview with the journalist
- How to get your message across
- Skills for handling the toughest questions and the most persistent and aggressive interviewers
- A media interview guide, which offers a five-minute refresher to prepare for any interview
- Half-day or full-day media training session, with one Freshfield senior PR & Communications representative attending to ensure the session remains relevant
- A sector-specific interview scenario devised and tailored by Freshfield
- Use of Freshfield boardroom and facilities at Winckley Square in Preston
- Refreshments provided.
Would you like a quotation?
We can run half day and full day workshops. For further information, please contact Paul Tustin on 01772 888400 or email Paul here.