PR and Communications Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for a proven B2B PR and communications professional to work with an award-winning team, helping deliver impact for clients.
Mixture of working from home, at our Preston and Manchester offices and seeing clients.
Dependent on experience
We are looking for a talented business-to-business PR and communications professional to take a lead role in delivering impactful communications programmes for a portfolio of clients.
This role will include client liaison, planning, news release and content writing, media relations management, social media management and client reporting. You will be working on clients from sectors including property, professional services, business support and the public sector.
Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and a hard-working professional with proven news writing skills and the ability to bring subjects to life with sparkling writing and stories. We are looking for someone who has good experience and knowledge of working with the media. We will consider applications from professionals currently working in agency, inhouse or business journalism roles.
- Work as part of a team to create clear PR and communication strategies
- Act as a day-to-day contact and adviser to clients
- Creation of communications and editorial calendars
- Liaise with clients to write news releases and engage with target media to secure coverage
- Cultivate good relationships with journalists to secure media opportunities for clients
- Respond to communications and reputation management issues
- Research and write blog posts and case studies for client websites
- Upload content to client websites and manage relevant strands of social media programmes
- Foster strong client relationships
- Help write quarterly evaluation reports
- Create content for other marketing projects when required
- Assisting in business development initiatives
- Uphold high service standards
- Minimum three years’ experience of working in either a PR and communications or marketing agency, in-house or in a business journalism role
- Relevant experience in either property, professional services, business support or the public sector would be an advantage
- Experience of delivering programmes with clear goals and measurable results
- Proven writing experience, especially in business-to-business sectors and across formats such as news releases, case studies and blog posts
- Experience of working with journalists and securing on-message coverage in relevant media
- Strong social media experience
- Strong communication skills – listening, curious, verbal, writing
- Strong relationships skills, a team player, someone who can build trusted partnerships
- A strong organiser and planner
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Professional and mature in everything you do
- 25 days’ holiday plus additional holidays for long service
- Employer contributory group pension scheme
- Personal development programme and funded training
- Flexible working
- Parking provision
- Professional membership provision
- Company-funded charity donation on employee birthday
Freshfield is an award-winning PR and marketing communications firm with teams in PR and communications, advisory, business development and marketing, and creative services. We are trusted partners to market-leading clients and have offices in Winckley Square, Preston, and in Spinningfields, Manchester.
Freshfield is a member of the Public Relations and Communications Association (PRCA), a global professional body committed to driving the highest standards in the profession.
Apply for this job
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to Sally French
Recruitment agencies by invitation only.
- Freshfield to review applications
- Interview 1: Meet and greet on Teams
- Create short-list
- Interview 2: Capability and culture test, at our office in Preston
- Offer, subject to references
- Start of an exciting, fresh chapter in your career
Get in touch
If you have a project and need our help, please complete our form. Alternatively, call Simon Turner or David Adams on 01772 888400.